1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress will vote any day now on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
I am 100% pro-choice. I support any woman’s choice to have an abortion. I support Planned Parenthood and the work they do providing a variety of legal health care services.
Why do I threaten you? I am innocuous and mundane. Today, I woke up, fed my pets, took a shower,…
Hey, I like to think of myself as Pro-Life rather than anti-choice. Wanna know why I’m pro-life? It’s not because I don’t think women have rights or whatever BS you can think of. It’s because I wouldn’t be here right now if the rules back in Korea had been less strict. Although at times I don’t like how life is going, I’m still happy that I’m alive. I’m pro-life because some low-life anti-choice over in Korea decided that hey! let’s make laws that prevent women from killing her potential child! So yeah, fuck them for doing that. Fuck them for allowing me to live. Fuck them in general, because they are obviously the evil in society and care for nothing about the citizens.
(no, I’m not furious or hateful towards Pro-Choicers. I like them, actually, but that’s another story. I just don’t like being threatened)
Hey, look at me! I wasn’t aborted either and yet I’m still pro-choice! Know why? Because I think every child should be a wanted child. My mom is also pro-choice, and I love knowing that she had me because she wanted me, not because the government forced her to have me. You think the government should stop women from exercising choice over their own bodies? Congrats, you’re anti-choice. Now fuck off.
Congrats, you’re a narrow-minded, self-righteous twat. Get over yourself. I never said, “Oh hey, be pro-life because pro-choice people are bitches.” That’s stereotyping. And it disgusted me when so many Pro-Choicers are against Pro-Lifers simply because of their views and they advertise it. Keep your own damn controversial opinion to your own damn self. Defend it when somebody challenges it, sure, but don’t go around basically insulting or threatening people just because they have a different view. Oh, and I wasn’t wanted because I was shipped off to the adoption center. My parents wanted to abort me, but the laws forbade them. Congrats to you and your mom though, I’m sure you turned out to be a wonderful mistake.
You seem like a truly lovely person! And I am a wonderful mistake, ‘cause I am fucking fabulous. Now go fuck yourself. No, really, masturbation is lovely.
What a stupid bitch. I hate the “potential life” argument. Seriously, why can’t people use their brains?
In Tunisia, riots fueled by economic hardship and starvation are being aggravated as the circus comes to town. Riot police, some in tanks, have been stationed outside the Belluci Circus for protection of the patrons. The starving people…
You are female. You are in high school. You live on your own. You live within 20 minutes of your best friend. You live within 20 minutes of the last person you kissed. You have hugged someone in the last 48 hours. You have been to the movies within the last week. You have broken merchandise and not paid for it. You are an atheist. You are a brunette. You have dated a blonde. You are friends with a redhead. You are taller than your mom. You’ve written a check for less than $5. You have visited the Statue of Liberty. You have visited the Eiffel Tower. You have visited Big Ben. You have never been out of the country. You have been a waiter/waitress. You own a Bible. You don’t celebrate Halloween. You have your belly button pierced. You have your tongue pierced. You have no tattoos. You blow-dry your hair. You have worn a dress in the last 3 days. You live somewhere that gets snow. You were at your own house last New Year’s. You were at a bar last New Year’s. You slept through last New Year’s. You have been told ‘i love you’ by someone today. You were told by someone who’s not family. You slept in your own bed last night. You are dating the last person you kissed. You regret kissing the last person you kissed. You are wearing a necklace right now. You are wearing something blue. You are wearing something purple. Your phone is fully charged. You have kissed the last person you called/texted. You are currently listening to music. You are waiting for something. You don’t like seafood. You are a good speller. You were dating someone in december of 2008. You are a Pisces. You are a Leo. You were born in May. You were born in October. You wonder what will happen when you die. You are afraid of the dark. You write in all capital letters. You have been told you have nice handwriting. You have had a song written for you. You know someone with the same birthday as you. You are a morning person. You slept in past 10am today. You have big plans for next weekend. You are thinking of someone right now. You know sign language. You have been swimming in the last month. Your birthday has already come this year. You have been in a relationship that lasted longer than a year. You have let someone use you. You are married. You were named after someone. You like your name. You have skipped school just because you didn’t feel like going. Your fingernails are painted. You like to read. You like to cook. You like to draw. You can play an instrument. You keep a lot of secrets from people. You don’t trust people easily. You have cut your hair in the last week. You wear glasses. Your favorite season is Autumn. Your best friend is younger than you. You have to go to school/work tomorrow. You answered every question truthfully.